Sunday 28 August 2011

2.5 Months of Living in a GMT Zone.

The end of the school year allowed me to return to the beautiful United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Despite wanting to return to Glasgow, London, and anywhere in Wales, I was unable to escape the borders of England, leaving me to have a multitude of fun in the North West and Midlands. There was a good mixture of city-living and country-bumpkin-ing in my neck of the woods as well as slightly further afield with me and Tom seeing in trips to Birmingham (to see the marvelous The Duke Spirit), the Peak District, the Lake District, and the familiar favourite, Nottingham.

As you may have deduced from the fact I didn't have chance to venture further than the North and Midlands, I was confined to the area by a lack of funds and working unsociable hours at a major 'film exhibition centre' (cinema). There were perks to the job (free films and getting to work with some interesting and entertaining individuals) and downfalls (not being able to organise more than a week ahead and getting paid a month in lieu) but it kept me out of trouble (and doing research) whilst funding my return stateside.

So, here are some snapshots of the 2 and half months I spent baking, watching TV, and eating pub food with friends. What else do you do when you have been absent from friends, family and the BBC for 6 months?!


[Fruit Scone in a Cafe in Windermere/Puddleduck Cottage, Windermere/Batman Live After Party]


[Piccadily Gardens in a moment of sunshine/Cows at Dunham Massey]


[Homemade Chocolate Truffles/Teddy at Nana's Birthday Party/Love Padlock at Liverpool Dock]


[Private Sign at Little Morton Hall, Congleton/Fields by Quarry Bank Mill, Styal]


[Manchester stood beautiful throughout the riots: Victorian sign on wall of Bootle Street/Street Children's Mission Building/Vans Shop, Thomas Street]


[IWM-N, Salford Quays, where I volunteered over the summer/Twiggy on The Avenue, Spinningfields]


[Dentist Chair at Quarry Bank Mill/Part of Fabric Exhibition at Little Morton Hall/Mead at Tatton Park Medieval Fayre]



No comments:

Post a Comment